POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) : Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plans for 1999 (A word from our Sponsers)
From: Twyst
Date: 31 Dec 1998 19:24:03
Message: <368c15a3.0@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote in message <368c0c62.0@news.povray.org>...
>It might take some re-writing, but it should be possible, because after all
>you could just compile the Dlls functions into the main program and then
>nstead of calling the Dll, you just call the function.  So yeah, guess so.
>
>--
>Lance.
>

>---
>For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
>The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Here's a different look: why not write a pov-ray SPECIFIC library. IE. place
the files in, and using a customized interface, povray reads the library.
Who says anything about making it a DLL? Why not make a simple binary format
that povray can read crossplatform? I mean.. look at TTF fonts. Just because
they don't work _as fonts_ in any other OS but windows, doesn't mean pov-ray
can't read them. You can read windows TTF fonts on the amiga, for the TTF
object. Amigas don't use TTF fonts in any way, yet the file itself is still
readable.  Why not go from that as a starting point?

twyst