POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Source code for YAGS. : Re: Source code for YAGS. Server Time
26 May 2024 19:10:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code for YAGS.
From: Bob and Kelly Crispen
Date: 3 Jan 1999 10:54:47
Message: <368F920D.F50807A0@hiwaay.net>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Bob and Kelly Crispen wrote:
>
> > It's lovely for another reason:  POVWin 3.1 gives one of the funniest
> > warning messages I've ever seen:
> >
> >         try2.pov:20: Warning: suspicious expression after rgbf
> >
> > OK, expression, we're gonna keep an eye on you, so watch your step!
>
> Sorry, I should have mentioned it. Yes it is suspicious, but it works as
> intended.

No apologies necessary.  I found the message delightful, and the
grass itself is extremely cool, though I haven't figured out yet
why it works.

And btw, Ken, unless I've lost my ability to count, the line in
question was:

	color rgbf SomeColor*<1,1,1,.001>

where the resultant color isn't a cross product (whatever that might
mean for a color) but rather the color values multipled, one by one
by the values in the second vector -- a very cool trick I took note
of and no doubt will use some day.
--
Bob & Kelly Crispen
cri### [at] hiwaaynet