POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image mapping : Re: Image mapping Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping
From: Ken
Date: 1 Jan 1999 14:15:22
Message: <368D1E61.770807C9@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> Using POV, does anyone have some specific methods of going about placing a
> bmp or whatever onto an object that will allow you to position it easily?
> Whenever I use image_maps it seems to take me forever to get it
> positioned/scaled how I want it.  Also; since the image map wraps completely
> around the object once; how would I do just a part of the object?  example:
> a box; I have a logo to go on the upper half of one of the sides.  How I see
> doing this is by creating a smaller box; putting the image map on that, then
> placing it to line up with the bigger box with say .001 higher (where the
> image is).  But what about with a sphere, or some more complex object?
>
> Any ideas/insights appreciated.
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> http://loneshepherd.ml.org/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

 On c.g.r.r. I just now posted a reply to translating and scaling
image maps. You might want to check it out. For the application
of an image map to a specific area the once keyword is very handy.

I had another idea on applying image maps to certain areas that
I need to test still so I think I'll stop at this point and get back to
you if it's succesful.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet