POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : High Field Demo Problem : High Field Demo Problem Server Time
18 May 2024 12:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  High Field Demo Problem
From: Jim Standlee
Date: 29 Dec 1998 16:51:38
Message: <36894eea.0@news.povray.org>
I am just starting out in Povray and have a question/problem. I got down to
hfdemo.pov and got an error: Error opening TGA image. I have looked in help
under TGA but cannot find any references to this problem.

Source:
#include "colors.inc"

   camera{
    location <0, 2, -10>
    look_at 0
    angle 30
   }

   light_source{ <1000,1000,-1000> White }

   height_field {
    tga "image.tga"
    smooth
    pigment { White }
    translate <-.5, -.5, -.5>
    scale <17, 1.75, 17>
    }

O/S: Win95, Pentium 2, 64 MB RAM, 6.4 GB Disk (half used)
Vers 3.1a for Win/NT

I am assuming the image.tga is a temp file created in the default image
directory. I don't think this can possibly be a permission issue. Can
someone please give me clue?

Thanks in advance

Jim Standlee
(email jim### [at] hotmailcom)