POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Female Pov-Ray users : Re: Female Pov-Ray users Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Female Pov-Ray users
From: Jim Kress
Date: 29 Dec 1998 15:51:16
Message: <368940c4.0@news.povray.org>
Treading carefully, here I go ...

I disagree with the Social Engineering analysis presented by Tina.  My
experience, in Engineering and IT Consulting, is that this area of endeavor
is well represented by many women.  I hire them and have for 20 some years
(in companies large (e.g. Ford) and small (too many examples to count ...)).
As a matter of fact, my wife has a BSCE, BSEE, MSEE and is very active in
these areas.  The IT projects I currently manage are staffed at least by 50%
females or more.

So ...

I think some other comments made in this thread need to be re-examined in
the light of current reality and not colored by past prejudice or opinions
or other politically motivated criteria that are inappropriate for
discussion here.

Jim