POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project : Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:58:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 27 Dec 1998 09:57:03
Message: <36864AFC.54004E99@flash.net>
David Wilkinson wrote:

> Like Ken I have held my fire on this subject, although it is one dear
> to my heart. I like Ken's idea of a comprehensive Pov tutorial, but I
> also think that the basic Pov documentation should be revised on a
> regular basis.

I agree.

However, as Ken so often and rightfully points out, there is a tremendous
wealth of information in the example files.  Just rendering each of them,
and then examining the source code, is in itself an excellent tutorial.
It is well worth the time.  But many of the questions posted by users
to these groups reveal that it is not a sufficiently exploited resource.

You can lead a horse to water....

Dan