POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project : Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 25 Dec 1998 15:45:57
Message: <3683F7D0.9FB505B9@peak.edu.ee>
Can't argue with the usefulness of this. A number of tutorials are available
on the net (including, of course, your excellent page), but it would be nice
to have them bundled into one central archive.
If it's gonna be a group project, I'd be happy to donate my 3 ounces of of
experience (Is that a lot? Dunno, I'm used to the metric system :))

A couple of things that (in my opinion) need extensive coverage:
* media - probably most important, since the possibile applications are
innumerable and yet very difficult to achieve;
* lighting - imperative for a realistic/artistic scene, but also very
difficult to get right;
* loops, conditionals etc. - they can do so much more than strings of spheres,
if you know how;
* materials - again, very difficult to get right without knowing some tricks;
* radiosity - the settings are somewhat difficult to understand and it's
difficult to make a particular scene look good.

Margus