POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CD texture : Re: CD texture Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:43:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD texture
From: Lance Birch
Date: 25 Dec 1998 08:22:16
Message: <36839188.0@news.povray.org>
Most of the maths teachers I know couldn't turn a computer on!!!  he he he
OK, I guess I better say how old I am right?  OK, well, I'm 15 and 9 months
(oh ah, getting accurate here :)

Most of my friends are older than I am though, because I was in year 10 this
year but I was in a year 12 Commercial Art and Design class... long story...

It's good to see that "younger" people are getting involved with POV-Ray
though.  Oh no, here I go again, "younger"...

Actually, speaking of credits and movie projects for school, I just finished
a 5 min long animation project for my school's Year 10 Speech and Drama
Extravaganza, it wasn't done in POV-Ray though (I had to get it done in 3
weeks...).  It was finally projected with a hi-res video projector onto
stage dividers, so it was full movie size.  I did the final breakdown,
modelling and rendering in MAX.  Even then it still wasn't as fast as I'd
hoped when it came to rendering, especially when it was interupted by a
lightning strike in the middle... twice... I REALLY need to get an
uninteruptable power supply!!!  The final file size was 1 Gb without music.
It had a hard time playing it back, but I eventually got it to work
properly.  It was still rendering 2 hours before it had to be presented!!!
I was really getting anxious over that one...  But, it did make a lasting
impression on everyone, and of course I got an A+ for the whole presentation
and all segments!!!

Oh, by the way, it was to Zombie, by the Cranberries.  It was an animated
prelude to the night and was about violence in society (as the song
suggests).

If the hard drive died or the projector element burnt out, I would have been
devastated to say the least :)

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone