POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finding exact position after translating and rotating... : Re: Finding exact position after translating and rotating... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding exact position after translating and rotating...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Dec 1998 19:04:09
Message: <367AEC17.CE0504EF@peak.edu.ee>
I haven't used sunpos.inc, but if you need the position vector of a
translated/rotated point, you can get it with vector functions. For example,
vrotate(<XTrans,YTrans,ZTrans>,<XRot,YRot,ZRot>) returns the new coordinates
of a point <XTrans,YTrans,ZTrans> rotated around the origin by
<XRot,YRot,ZRot>.
Just apply the same translation/rotation as the ones in sunpos and you get the
point you need.

Margus