POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need help with 'normal' : Need help with 'normal' Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Need help with 'normal'
From: Aaron Shaver
Date: 18 Dec 1998 01:10:16
Message: <3679E418.E296DBAF@usa.net>
I'm making a basic scene with some village huts in a valley in front of
a mountain.  I can't seem to put a normal like 'bumps' or 'dents' on the
roofs of the huts.

The hut is made up of three objects CSG'd together.  I can do normals on
the heightfield used for the valley, I added some bumps to texurize it.
But the cone (roof) doesn't respond, I tried all different sizes and
scales (i.e. bumps 0.002 to bumps 2).  Is it because it is in the CSG
'object { }' ??

I've read the POV doc and checked the syntax, please help!  The source
code is attached.

--
( Aaron Shaver - aar### [at] usanet )
( SkinnyBo - EFnet IRC )