POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Illegal operation in POV 3.02 : Re: Illegal operation in POV 3.02 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Illegal operation in POV 3.02
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Dec 1998 21:21:44
Message: <3679BC24.DA8F4C5D@aol.com>
Interesting.
I have both installed too, 3.1 came after is only difference and I've been
jumping back and forth between them ever since I installed P-R 3.1.
The following is an excerpt from Changes.txt (at end of file) located in the
main POV-Ray 3.1 folder and might be the answer(?) to your problem.
------------------
  o The registry keys now work this way -

    HKLM\
      Software\
        POV-Ray\

          Windows\
            Home          -> Points at either v3.0x or v3.1.

          CurrentVersion\
            Windows\
              Home        -> Path of current version always
              VersionNo   -> Current version number

          v3.0\
            Windows\
              Home        -> Points at path of v3.0x if it exists

          v3.1\
            Windows\
              Home        -> Points at path of v3.1

          v3.x\
            Windows\
              Home        -> Points at path of a hypothetical v3.x

    If there was no old version on the users computer, the old Windows value

    points to the new version of POVWIN. If there was an old version, the
user
    will be asked upon installation if they want to have it updated to point
    the new one.
In other words, looks like you have to uninstall 3.1 and 3.02 then install
3.02 then 3.1...
I know, not great but should fix it, unless of course somebody else has a
better idea?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob