POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what will be in the next major version of povray : Re: LZW concerns Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LZW concerns
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 17 Dec 1999 13:48:48
Message: <367951C2.8426C8F9@enst.fr>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   I don't think that a patent made in the US is valid here in Finland
> (moreover it's not possible to patent such a thing here even if one wanted
> to; there are two reasons for this, the most important one being that you
> can't patent previously published things).
	They didn't patent something that was previously published, they just
waited until it was firmly established before trying to enforce their
patent (which AFAIK makes it unenforceable at least in France, but I'm
not a lawyer...)

		Jerome
--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *