POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spiral texture : Re: Spiral or helix? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:51:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral or helix?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 15 Dec 1998 21:50:34
Message: <36771ffa.0@news.povray.org>
Helix is in mine (as I mentioned in an earlier post).  But a helix by CAD
and graphics terms is not 3D.  I can't remember the word for it, perhaps
someone else knows.  What is the word for the point that draws a path?
There is a special term for this, and a helix in the 2D sense is one of
these, where the point is the end of the perimeter of an unwinding 2D shape.
But, once again, a helix can be 3D.

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone