POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Math (Reply to Spider) : Re: 3D Math (Reply to Spider) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Math (Reply to Spider)
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 15 Dec 1998 01:35:05
Message: <36760478.25A7DA72@virginia.edu>
GOT IT!  (You needed an Or instead of an AND for the test...)  As part
of my testing, I replaced vlength with the distance formula, for
simplicity, I would suggest returning it to normal.  Also, to see the
spheres better, I changed the finish.  Hope this helps

Steve

#declare Radius = 11;
#declare N = 2500;
#declare C = <0,8,0>;
#declare s = seed(pi);
#while (N>0)
   sphere {
    0.25
    pigment { rgb <1,1,1>} finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.6 }
    #local vd=<rand(s)*(Radius * 2) - Radius,rand(s)*(Radius * 2) -
Radius,rand(s)*(Radius * 2) - Radius>;
    #local vld = sqrt(vd.x*vd.x + vd.y*vd.y + vd.z*vd.z);
    #while((vld>Radius) | (vld<-Radius))
      #local vd=<rand(s)*(Radius * 2) - Radius,rand(s)*(Radius * 2) -
Radius,rand(s)*(Radius * 2) - Radius>;
      #local vld = sqrt(vd.x*vd.x + vd.y*vd.y + vd.z*vd.z);
    #end
    translate vd
  }
  #declare N=N-1;