POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spiral texture : Re: Spiral texture Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:43:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral texture
From: Ken
Date: 14 Dec 1998 17:48:08
Message: <36759573.13EF@pacbell.net>
Bloomquist Family wrote:

> Speaking of a Helix, where is a program (that exports to different formats)
> that makes DNA type Helixes.

Spiralizer makes some interesting shapes
It might do helixes but I don't remember.
It does do shell shapes, spirals and
has a couple of other useful functions.
It can be downloaded for free at:

http://www.armanisoft.ch/

If you go there also look at their Elephont
text utility. Good stuff !

There is another program I believe called Helixer
but I don't have the URL bookmarked. I think it's
a Mac utility which would explain why it's not been
bookmarked.

There is also an old dos command line utility named
Helix I have on CD I could send you if your interested.
It's fairly simple but it does as the name suggests.

Ken Tyler