POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DWG -> DXF ? : Re: DWG -> DXF ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DWG -> DXF ?
From: Ken
Date: 14 Dec 1998 14:26:15
Message: <36756638.114F@pacbell.net>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I came in possesion of binary AutoCad files which I intend to use from
> within POV.
> Anyone there would know off-hand of a free converter for Win95 from
> *.DWG to *.DXF or any other format that I could eventually import in
> POV.
>
> If you don't know off-hand, don't do the searching, I'll do that later
> myself.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Al.

I use my copy of Auto Cad 14 to convert them to .3ds
and .dxf files but that is hardly free. I hear this
question quite often on the newsgroup alt.cad and
there is always an answer from someone out there about
such utilities. Not needing one I never bothered to
bookmark one of the converter pages. Sorry.

Ken Tyler