POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Platonic Solids : Re: Platonic Solids Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic Solids
From: Ken
Date: 14 Dec 1998 14:03:51
Message: <367560F7.592D@pacbell.net>
hall wrote:

> Well, this is my first posting, and I hope I'm not re-inventing the wheel
> for most people out there.
> I have made an ".inc" file (called platonic.inc) that has (if you haven't
> guessed) the specifications
> in POV terms for the platonic solids (you know, those things in geometry
> class that look like D+D dice);
> the tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, and icosahedron.  They are
> done in both a solid and
> a framework style.  I have also included a couple of example files with the
> platonic.inc file.
> Have fun!
>
> S.R. Hall

I haven't  looked at your files yet but they do
sound useful. If you are really into this stuff
take a look at the location below for more info:

http://www.mathconsult.ch/showroom/unipoly/unipoly.html#VertexConfig

Also I have an includ file I picked up somewhere that contains
a large number of not only the plutonic solids but nearly
all of the polyhedra group as well if anyone is interested.

Ken Tyler