POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux POV-Ray 3.02 and Window Maker/X Windows : Linux POV-Ray 3.02 and Window Maker/X Windows Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Linux POV-Ray 3.02 and Window Maker/X Windows
From: Aaron Shaver
Date: 14 Dec 1998 13:03:05
Message: <3675450B.3BE19D42@usa.net>
Linux POV-Ray users,

     Maybe this isn't news, but I found a neat way to use 'x-povray'
under Window Maker or any other decent window manager.

     I use GNU Emacs for X11 to edit a file called current.pov, which is
the current project I am working on.  Then using WPrefs I setup some
popups that use the following syntax:

x-povray +Icurrent.pov +Ocurrent.tga +W320 +H240 +A0.3 +D

This renders current.pov at 320x240 with 0.3 anti-aliasing and pops up a
window showing it render.  I then made a bunch of these popups with
different resolutions and options so I can literally have one click for
a fast render of what I'm working on.

P.S.

I couldn't get POV-Motif working (running RedHat 5.1 kernel 2.0.36),
anyone know of a good X11/GUI modeller or front end?  If so, please
e-mail me at aar### [at] usanet  --  I am slowly but surely working on
a nice raytracing site which will include lots of Linux raytracing
resources!

--
( Aaron Shaver - aar### [at] usanet )
( SkinnyBo - EFnet IRC )