POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Merge Bug ? : Re: Merge Bug ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merge Bug ?
From: =Bob
Date: 7 Dec 1998 17:39:25
Message: <366c591d.0@news.povray.org>
Okay, I lined up the spheres perpendicular to the light and now see what you
mean. I should have done that before.
  About the boxes, I removed the same-surface effect by scaling one of them
slightly larger in the z direction.
  No merge problem so it appears. Except...

// blackout in box edges and in sphere overlap (check it out)

global_settings {max_trace_level 30 } //set high doesn't help

camera{location<5,15,-25>look_at y*5} //shifted camera over -10*x from before

light_source{<0, 50,-730> rgb 3} //same here, intense light

//Incorrect behavior: (corrected?)
merge{
box{<-5, 5,-1.01>,<5, 7,1.01> //z dimension increased
// pigment{rgbf<0,0,1,1>}
//  interior{ior 1.9}
//   finish{ambient .95}
}
box{<-1,-5,-1>,<1,10,1>}
 pigment{rgbf<1,0,0,1>}
  interior{ior 1.9}
   finish{ambient .95}
// }
}

//Correct behavior: (?what's with the blackout?)
merge{
sphere{<-10,10,0>,5
 pigment{rgbf<1,0,0,1>}
  interior{ior 1.9}
   finish{ambient .95}
}
sphere{<-7.5,10,0>,5
 pigment{rgbf<0,0,1,1>}
  interior{ior 1.09} //ior turned down to see blue at all
   finish{ambient .95}
 }
}

plane{-z,-50 pigment{rgb 1}}

background { color red 1 green 1 blue 1 } //no help either

//END

I tried increasing color intensities above 1 with no change too. I would have
expected to see magenta. Any ideas?
  Oh yeah, Barnum&Baileys was recently in town, but I didn't see which way the
train went ;)

Message <366BD04E.8B806AD0@pacbell.net>, Ken  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe