POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Merge Bug ? : Re: Merge Bug ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merge Bug ?
From: =Bob
Date: 7 Dec 1998 04:04:01
Message: <366b9a01.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for that bit of important info. If one were to go by just the
statistics after a render every max_trace_level shows a change if the number
is different in the script.
Back to the merge thing...
I didn't look at it too well first time. Then I realized the textures were
added differently for the pair of boxes and pair of spheres. The boxes have a
shared texture in the merge statement. The spheres have independent textures.
The spheres also have a shadow showing the supposedly merged surface area
which should be gone, and it is labeled as "correct". The boxes labeled
"incorrect" have no shadow of the merged surfaces even when they are changed
to have non-coincident surfaces by scaling the z of one slightly larger. Plus
the anti-merge (or whatever) effect is gone this way too.

So, now what?

Message <366b26cd.0@news.povray.org>, Thorsten Froehlich  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe