POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dynamic arrays : Re: Dynamic arrays Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dynamic arrays
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Dec 1998 03:53:40
Message: <366F8B47.548FAB7A@peak.edu.ee>
2 problems: first and foremost, POV's #read function doesn't let you specify the
offset of the read (i.e. it just reads from the start). I wish that would
change...
And secondly, in the script I mentioned, I have to read a number of previous
values for each sample for proximity testing. Swapping to disk would make it
uncomfortably slow (it is slow enough with arrays)

Margus