POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : List of bugs : Re: List of bugs - image map fix + more on prisms Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of bugs - image map fix + more on prisms
From: Darius Davis
Date: 7 Dec 1998 05:18:03
Message: <366CA6B8.5BD3@acm.org>
> =========================
> Prism bug
> =========================
>   thread: "Potential render bug in POV"
>   bug: Ghost line appears sometimes when rendering a prism.  The
>        cause has not been determined.  Note, the example given
>        is not very good, but all objects except the prism can be
>        removed from the scene and the bug remains.
>   fix: unknown

Just for the record, a fix for this bug is included in my fix for the
other prism bugs (below)

> =========================
> Another prism bug
>   thread: "prism, linear spline, conic sweep bug"
>   bug: Incorrect rendering of a conic sweep prism
>   fix: See the thread. Darius Davis provides a fix.

I've just completed a 'proper' fix for this, which I've posted in the
thread and sent to the POV bug-reporting email address.  There are
actually several problems with conic_sweep prisms - with end-caps,
normals and 'insideness' testing.

Cheers,

Darius