POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Special gate : Re: Q: Special gate Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Special gate
From: Tony Vigil
Date: 4 Dec 1998 17:12:36
Message: <36685FD2.698EE152@emc-inc.com>
Rune,

I took a quick look at the gate/door and came up with a model in Moray
for Windows that can be animated to open & close.  I am posting the
image in the povray.binaries.images newsgroup under the same subject as
you used here.  I can send to you the Moray model and/or the pov
file(s).  This model uses cylinders for each of the slices, slightly
rotated about the Y-axis, then translated & rotated a required.

I created the model in about 5 minutes.  I hope this helps!

Tony