POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using 'frame number' in #switch (=Bob) : Re: Using 'frame number' in #switch (=Bob) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using 'frame number' in #switch (=Bob)
From: =Bob
Date: 2 Dec 1998 22:58:49
Message: <36660c79.0@news.povray.org>
Oops, sorry, I neglected to point out that an INI file is needed (or
command-line switches) telling the animation to use the clock for a frame
count, not frame numbers (still use frames though). As in:
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=59
for a 60 frame animation.
Or +ki0 +kf59 command-line style.
And then #declare FC=clock in your scene file.
This neccessitates a new clock value for getting back to a regular old clock
of 0 to 1 however.
#declare _C_ = clock/59
is how I do it. This is basically Ronald L. Parkers suggestion below.
It does get messy as you can plainly see, especially if other parameters are
wanted for frame count (start/end too), clock values, etc.
Trying to make a clock 0 to 1 in the usual way and telling your scene file to
use a int(clock*60) is a possibility but I don't trust the math.
Hope your on your way well enough now ;)

Message <3665ed20.102278195@news.povray.org>, Ronald L. Parker typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html