POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with 'media' : Re: Help needed with 'media' Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with 'media'
From: Rick van der Meiden
Date: 2 Dec 1998 05:36:16
Message: <36651820.0@news.povray.org>
In article <3662ef6d.0@news.povray.org>, and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk
says...

>Hi,
>    Please help me with this annoying problem.

... snip....

>    spotted color_map {
>                [0 Red][.6 Red][.61 Clear][.9 Clear][.91 Red][1 Red]}
>                }

It's seems that your problem has been solved allready, but here's another
(of topic) little hint : To get a abrubt change (of color) in a colormap, or
any other mapping (texture_map, slope_map, etc) you may replace the above
piece of code with :

   spotted
   color_map {
	[0.0 Red]
	[0.6 Red]
	[0.6 Clear]
	[0.9 Clear]
	[0.9 Red]
	[1.0 Red]
   }

assuming you don't want those small bands of smooth transitions.

Hope this helps somewhere,

	Rick.