POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multithread/SMP/Network render support in POVRAY : Re: Multithread/SMP/Network render support in POVRAY Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multithread/SMP/Network render support in POVRAY
From: Ken
Date: 30 Nov 1998 06:35:49
Message: <36628279.1A85EF60@pacbell.net>
This subject comes up all the time. A thorough read through
of this group will give you many answers to your question.
I believe for the official version of Pov-Ray I wouldn't look
for this kind of support in the immediate future.

As far as network rendering goes you might want to take a
look at PVMPov located at:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/6386/pvmpov/index.html

It is a patched version of Pov that offers paralell raytracing
capabilities.

Ken Tyler