POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Scaling Problem : Re: Media Scaling Problem Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Scaling Problem
From: =Bob
Date: 29 Nov 1998 21:05:28
Message: <3661fd68.0@news.povray.org>
Here's a possiblity.
Scale the media along with container object scale as follows.

 note! OS:SS of 1.5:.75, 1:1, .75:1.5, .5:2, .25:4, etc. approximates unioned
equalization
 OS:SS of 2:.75, 1:1, .75:1.25, .5:1.5, .25:2, etc. approximates intersected
equalization

This is from a media test file I'm using to figure media out better.
OS is object scale, SS is scattering scale (color*SS).
Unioned and intersected media is described in the help file under Multiple
Media and Density.
I'm putting the test file onto my web site so anyone can check it out. There
isn't any guarantee I've got it right yet, but from what I've seen the scaling
does a fair approximation in the case of the test scene file concerning
multiple media or density, and scattering.

 http://members.aol.com/xyzunknown/mediatest.htm

Message <3661c09f.0@news.povray.org>, Lars Wolter  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe