POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optic errors : Re: Optic errors (spectral dispersion) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optic errors (spectral dispersion)
From: =Bob
Date: 21 Nov 1998 00:07:56
Message: <36564aac.0@news.povray.org>
Here's the address to my links page with spectrar.inc there, if that's what is
mentioned below:

  http://members.aol.com/inversez/index.html

There's an example picture near the bottom, click on that.
Daren Wilson was the reference for making it. He already had a working script
which produced a good example of the spectral dispersion effect. I added more
colors to blend and used proxy real-world wavelengths for the spectral
characteristics (none of this is science, by the way, in the sense that
POV-Ray is not pure physics-based in the department of light to begin with
from what I understand, rather the product of realism is probable if enough
additions were to be used to sort out the rough draft of the ray-tracer). I
tried for reflection color dispersion too and only got an intolerably slow
render, no reflection changes visible.
This does NOT work in POV-Ray 3.1*, even with semi-colons ;)

Message <3652cabc.0@news.povray.org>, Ron Parker typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html