POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : trace() function feature req : Re: trace() function feature req Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: trace() function feature req
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 20 Nov 1998 08:42:28
Message: <365571E5.E10A284E@peak.edu.ee>
I see... The bounding object feature would still offer more ease of use in all
kinds of collision detection applications; but since this can also be done in
POV script without any significant disadvantage, I won't whine if it isn't
implemented in the source.
Btw. I think there might be some advantages to using light ray bounding, for
example with light attenuation and radiosity... Not sure, though.

Margus