POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optic errors : Re: Optic errors Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optic errors
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 19 Nov 1998 20:38:08
Message: <3654c800.0@news.povray.org>
>You need to specify "ior" to see such effects.

I don't think it's that simple. In POV, beams of light will
not be bended by refraction as far as I know.
Point two: the wave-effect (interference) cannot be realised
in a standard way. You'll have to simulate this effect,
since POV doesn't use wavelengths for the different colors
of light... in fact, it doesn't 'think' of light beams as
being waves, but as straight lines.