POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions : Re: A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions
From: Ken
Date: 17 Nov 1998 01:15:15
Message: <3651140E.DB1DE3B7@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Of course.  But other developers with much more time to scratch
> other people's itches have been known to read and even post to
> that forum. :)

Speaking of forums and the Pov teams accepting newitches, I have gotten
the impression that many of the features
currently implemented in all versions of Pov have been a
result of discussions on the compuserve go povray forum.
This then would simply act as an extension to that forum.

> You're right, of course, such a group would have many benefits,
> so long as it's understood by all involved that just because you
> ask for something doesn't mean you get it.  Even in the realm of
> bug fixes, there have been a lot of hard feelings because one thing
> or another hasn't been fixed.  I can see feature requests being
> even more controversial; just look at some of the threads in
> .programming.

  I would be the last to argue with the inherent nature of people to
stamp their little feet when thing are not going their way. There
is not much that anyone could do about that other than run a
moderated discussion group. But who wants that.

Ken Tyler