POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions : Re: A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New Group For Pov-Ray Suggestions
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Nov 1998 16:07:29
Message: <36509411.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:43:07 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>> If anyone wants to see a forum that's already devoted to
>> discussion of just this topic, go to Twyst's PatchStation
>> at http://twysted.net/patchstation and check out the forums
>> there.  Granted, there hasn't been a lot of discussion there,
>> but I suspect that's because it hasn't been well-advertised.
>
>It may serve a purpose but I don't see it having the same bennifits
>that my proposed group would have. Certainly the pov team has
>enough to do than visit Twyst's dicussion forum. No disrespect
>intended.

Of course.  But other developers with much more time to scratch
other people's itches have been known to read and even post to
that forum. :)

You're right, of course, such a group would have many benefits,
so long as it's understood by all involved that just because you
ask for something doesn't mean you get it.  Even in the realm of
bugfixes, there have been a lot of hard feelings because one thing
or another hasn't been fixed.  I can see feature requests being
even more controversial; just look at some of the threads in
.programming.