POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height fields : Height fields Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Height fields
From: Michael A  Metheny
Date: 16 Nov 1998 09:05:24
Message: <36503124.0@news.povray.org>
Is there any way I can map a height field onto an object?  I am planning to
model a knife using POV, and the handle has a specific bumped pattern.  I
have created a file to simulate the pattern using a height field, and I've
attached a render of a height field square using the image so you guys can
see what I'm talking about.  Anyway, any help appreciated: like how to get
this to work, or alternate options I could use.

Mike Metheny

lon### [at] vtedu
http://loneshepherd.ml.org

"If one's words are no better than silence, one should be silent."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hftemp.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'hftemp.jpg'