POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News reader : Re: News reader Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News reader
From: Ron Parker
Date: 10 Nov 1998 08:29:39
Message: <36483fc3.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:07:44 +0200, Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>Also, a quick < find "X-" *.* > on the DOS prompt revealed some new names --
>uka_ppp, crosspoint, knews, MT-NewsWatcher, News Xpress, NoticiasUPU, TIN,
>Turnpike, and WinVN. I haven't seen these on TUCOWS so I guess they are not
>shareware/freeware. Any ideas about those?

WinVN is free, and I think knews is.  You might also try SLRN, which is what
I'm using.  Yeah, it's a console-mode program, but it's at least as powerful
as Agent, it's an order of magnitude smaller, and source is available to boot.
I'm not sure how many of the things you specified you can do from SLRN,
though.  I tend to like to do separate tasks with separate programs.