POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News reader : Re: News reader Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News reader
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Nov 1998 03:33:56
Message: <3647fa74.0@news.povray.org>
Mark Radosevich wrote in message <364### [at] randolphspaedu>...
>> (and MacOS is generally less stable than NT, no insults here)
>
>none taken, but have you tried 8.5? Rumors have it that it almost never
>crashes...

NT "almost never crashes" too, if you trust Microsoft (and you shouldn't).
Almost, that is -- I currently can't send e-mail 'cause my mail server was
severely nuked by its own sysop, just to test security. No doubt that Sys
8.5 is stable at least from the point of view of hardware incompatibility.

A friend of mine has an LC630 and is running, he claims, the newest MacOS.
Is it possible to be MacOS 8.5? Sounds like Windows NoThanx on a 486
SLC/40/8Mb ram ...

BTW, I've heard good things about BeOS.

Peter