POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News reader : Re: News reader Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News reader
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Nov 1998 21:35:45
Message: <3647a681.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team wrote in message <3646ad4e.1645235@news.povray.org>...
>Dunno whether or not it'll do all the things you want, but I use Agent from
>Forte. They have a free version which is quite good.
>
>http://www.forteinc.com.

Well, yeah, I downloaded it and tried it. Looks great to me, and I think it
will be able to do that horribly hard thong -- download messages dated Sep 9
or newer. Agent has some pretty powerful filtering features and with the
right expression I might have some success.

Also, a quick < find "X-" *.* > on the DOS prompt revealed some new names --
uka_ppp, crosspoint, knews, MT-NewsWatcher, News Xpress, NoticiasUPU, TIN,
Turnpike, and WinVN. I haven't seen these on TUCOWS so I guess they are not
shareware/freeware. Any ideas about those?

Peter