POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : News reader : News reader Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  News reader
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Nov 1998 11:53:56
Message: <3645cca4.0@news.povray.org>
Help me, please!

I am absolutely exhausted of repairing damage from microsoft software.
Outlook will crash every time my modem conection drops and once every three
or four crashes it kills the file of the newsgroup I am currently reading. I
had to download povray.windows and povray.bugreports, but now that I have to
get binaries.images and binaries.animations (~90 Mb) I am giving up. I don't
want do d/l them via 33.6k modem and neither do I want to needlessly burden
the povray.org server with another 90+ Mb. So, if anyone knows of a good
newsreader, please tell me.

Here's what I am looking for:

1. Ability to import Outlook express 4.0 / 5.0 newsgroup files -- I have
about 100 Mb of those on CD
2. Ability to download messages newer than a specified date (*not* delete
messages 30 days old)
3. Have an integrated mail client -- to respond to authors
4. Features system shell open command -- to run external apps to open zips,
show pics and anims etc.
5. Show threaded messages
6. Ability to continue interrupted downloads -- so that I don't have to try
to download the same 900k anim five times due to line drops.
7. Run under Win95/98 or DOS
8. Shareware / freeware if possible

I know I am demanding much, but I am desperate. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Peter