POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : conic sweep prism bug? : Re: conic sweep prism bug? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: conic sweep prism bug?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 7 Nov 1998 21:47:27
Message: <3645062F.F15E81E@flash.net>
Ken wrote:

>   I can verify your problem but cannot explain it. If you change
>
> prism {  linear_spline  conic_sweep
>   -4, -2,  4,

> prism {  linear_spline  conic_sweep
>   -4, -1,  4,
>
> it begins to appear as you want it to but the height
> of the opening is higher and smaller  than you seem
> to want.
>
> The amount greater than -1 you use the more prevelent
> the defect.

Ken :

Thanks for the quick help!!!  Yes -- it appears
there is in fact a bug.

I checked it so far on 3.1, 3.1 SuperPatch, and 3.02 TMPOV,
all of which yield identical results....

I will thus report it to bugreports, and use polygons instead
to achieve the shape I want.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/