POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sPatch -> Povray Export Argghh! : Re: sPatch -> Povray Export Argghh! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch -> Povray Export Argghh!
From: Mike
Date: 7 Nov 1998 01:55:08
Message: <3643ED35.E2C77165@aol.com>
When I first read this, I wasn't sure what you meant.  Are you saying that
you made an object in sPatch and then duplicated it many times in POV-Ray?

If that's the case, I would suggest exporting the object(s) as dxf, then
convert those to POV-Ray mesh using 3Dwin or crossroads.  Then make sure the
file #declares the triangles as a mesh and not as a union.

Using a declared mesh won't use large amounts of memory like bicubic
patches, since the triangles only need to be parsed once.

If that isn't the case, I don't think I can help.

-Mike