POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nested #while statements : Re: Nested #while statements Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested #while statements
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Nov 1998 10:46:35
Message: <3641c85b.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 14:46:31 +0000, Daniel Harris
	<d.h### [at] netcomcouk> wrote:
>#declare X=0
>#declare Y=0
>#declare Z=0
>#while (X<10)
***     #declare Y=0
>       #while (Y<10)
***            #declare Z=0
>              #while (Z<10)
>                            object { link translate <X*1.75, Y*1.75,
>Z*1.75> }
>                            #declare Z=Z+1
>              #end
>              #declare Y=Y+1
>       #end
>       #declare X=X+1
>#end
>
>Please tell me if there is something blantantly wrong with this or if
>povray doesn't do nested #while statements.

You need to set Y and Z to zero again each time through the outer loops.
(I've added the appropriate lines, marked with stars.)  The way you have
it written, Z will be 10 after the first pass through the loop, so the
inner loop will never execute again.  Result: a single line of links.