POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov Newserver Slowing Down ? : Re: Pov Newserver Slowing Down ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov Newserver Slowing Down ?
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 4 Nov 1998 16:01:00
Message: <3640D323.468D2E4A@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Ken wrote:

> I recently noticed that connection with the Pov news server
> has been slow and or sluggish. Has anyone else experianced
> this ? Could it be because of the traffic on the Pov main web
> site ?
>
> Ken Tyler

I have I quite fast connection to the net in the day and haven't noticed
any changes in the connection times. But I have to admit that I access
the server when the greatest part of the new world (where I believe most
of the users come from) should be sleeping (there are some exceptions so
;) ). When log in from home in the evening I use such a slow modem that
I can't compare the access times :(  .

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler