POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format : Re: [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:45:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 3 Nov 1998 12:01:08
Message: <363F36FB.6E20756@peak.edu.ee>
ReVerSi wrote:

> How to create these kind of files, are there
> special programs, utilities or whatever and can anyone tell me more
> details about their syntax.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> ReVerSi

There is a program which creates df3 files from tga images. Don't remember who
exactly wrote it, but you can find links to it from these newsgroups. I am also
writing a program to do this (but it also reads bmp and raw and does grayscale
conversion)
The df3 format itself is very simple: raw binary rgb data from all the images,
preceded by a 6-byte header. The header consists of 3 16-bit integers with the
high-order byte first. These give the X, Y and Z dimensions of the df3 file.
Btw. there is a description of the format in the manual, too.

Margus