POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format : [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:52:37 EDT (-0400)
  [Q]: what's about *.df3 file format
From: ReVerSi
Date: 3 Nov 1998 07:27:28
Message: <363EF682.D98@t-online.de>
Hi everyone,

ok, I confess: I've not read POV-Ray 3.1 Documentation in detail yet.
Currently I'm inserting some modifications (e.g links from keyword list
to the appropriate sections like it has been in PoV 3.0x documentation,
links to keyword list from every page, incorporation of additional
keywords from superpatch etc.)

Doing this work I found a keyword, I never heard about yet, but got
fascinated at once though: density_file. I rendered the two files, the
documentation provides to this theme and I intuitively feel, that there
could be a lot of interesting possibilities in this feature, if I only
could understand, what's about these mysterious *.df3 files.
Therefore my question: How to create these kind of files, are there
special programs, utilities or whatever and can anyone tell me more
details about their syntax.

Thanks in advance

ReVerSi