POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transformative Hermeneutics : Re: Transformative Hermeneutics Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transformative Hermeneutics
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Oct 1998 13:57:55
Message: <363A0C6C.E0EEE1C8@inapg.inra.fr>
Actually, this was part of physicist Alan Sokal's prank. He deliberately wrote
a bogus article in a social sciences journal, to show that part of the "soft"
scientific world was borrowing "hard" sciences concepts in a totally pedantic
way (like torus topology applied to psychoanalysis, and much worse).

However, if a torus is neurotic, what about the whole "math" directory in pov ?

Gilles Tran
The Book of Beginnings - Povray Gallery
http://www.mediaport.net/Artichaud/Tran/gtran.en.html