POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV CD No. 2? : Re: POV CD No. 2? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:44:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV CD No. 2?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 29 Oct 1998 19:00:00
Message: <36390178.809798D7@flash.net>
WBG wrote:

> I have the first POV-Ray CD  (with version 2.2) and was wondering what
> news there is on the second (if any). Mine is a bit oudated as almost
> everything on it isn't the latest version. If anyone in charge of the
> compilation is reading this, my wish-list on the CD would be:
>  o POV-Ray v3.1
>  o Moray v3.01
>  o Laurens Lapre's LSystem applications, v4
>  o The latest version of Dave's Targa Animator
>  o Chris Colefax's fantastic include files
>  o TextureView v3.3
>  o WinZip and/or PkZip version whatever

Bad idea.....

Several of the above are not free, and most of the others
will be obsolete well before the inventory on a typical
CD print will be exhausted.  For example, Moray and Colfax's
files, both of which are in the process of upgrades
to 3.1 syntax.

At least as useful would be a list of links to the above
web sites.... but then they are all well available on the
Web already ( such as http://twysted.net/ ).

Images and animations are durable.

Dan

--