POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : csg > mesh : Re: csg > mesh Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg > mesh
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Oct 1998 09:08:55
Message: <3635E239.C33E84BC@peak.edu.ee>
This system of using the trace function could have another use, though:
distribution of light sources over the surface of an object, to simulate a true
area light source of arbitrary shape. In this case, neither aliasing, edge
rounding and other problems matter: you only need the point cloud.
I have entertained thoughts of writing a macro to do this, but I have neither
the time nor the expertise to hope for much success. I would rather have sb.
else do the hard work ;)

Margus