POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : csg > mesh : Re: csg > mesh Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:47:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg > mesh
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 25 Oct 1998 01:11:13
Message: <3632A480.5AFC23E6@Kopp.com>
This is a good idea, but it will probably not work perfectly, because of
multiple intersections with trace (how do you ensure that you'll get all
of them?).  Also, you will run into problems with sharp edges getting
rounded because a sample ray doesn't hit them directly.

I know that Polyray (another very good ray-tracer) has the ability to
convert primatives into wireframe (in fact, it also does scan-line
rendering).  I think that this would be a very good thing to add to
POV-Ray, since it would facilitate non-linear transformations (among
other things).

-Nathan Kopp