POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : csg > mesh : Re: csg > mesh Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:44:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg > mesh
From: Ken
Date: 24 Oct 1998 13:58:14
Message: <363206F6.F4A546AD@pacbell.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm asking for the impossible, but is there some way you can convert
> a POV-object (CSG, blob) to a mesh? In theory I think it should be possible,
> perhaps the pvengine does something like this, but I have no idea how.
>
> Regards,
>
> Remco de Korte

To the best of my knowledge (which is considerable) there
is currently no program tht will parse a Pov-Ray scene and
output a 3d file format usable by other programs. I seem to
recall reading something in the programers group about one
being worked one but I know nothing of the specifics.

These are the files that Pov-Ray hath make. Be glad in it
and rejoice. Psalms 19:98 10, 24

Ken Tyler