POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : csg > mesh : Re: csg > mesh Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:43:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg > mesh
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 24 Oct 1998 10:30:19
Message: <3631d66b.0@news.povray.org>
>I'm afraid I'm asking for the impossible, but is there some
way you can convert
>a POV-object (CSG, blob) to a mesh? In theory I think it
should be possible,
>perhaps the pvengine does something like this, but I have
no idea how.

Moray has some export formats besides pov and inc, which can
be converted with 3dwin (all in the moray package) like 3ds
(for 3d Studio Max). The objects would then have to be
converted to meshes, I guess.
The only problem then is: the mesh format 3ds (or any other
of the programs that are available for conversion) uses
isn't the same as pov uses... There would have to be some
coordinates and triangles in some of the export formats,
though...

I'm gonna see for myself now (curiosity..) I'll let you know
if I find anything.

Julius