POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS support ? : Re: NURBS support ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:49:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS support ?
From: Stefan Betermieux
Date: 23 Oct 1998 05:39:50
Message: <363040D5.555F23B3@fernuni-hagen.de>
Ron Parker wrote:

> NURBS are not much more likely to be 'editable.'  At least, not by
> my definition of editable.  Nevertheless, there is at least one
> effort underway to add NURBS to POV-Ray, at least as an unofficial
> patch.  Converting from an industry-standard format to whatever
> develops for POV will probably end up being an additional project,
> however.

As you seem to have more information then I, perhaps you can tell me who is
working on the patch. I will be concerned a lot with NURBS in the next
months and perhaps I can contribute this project. Just writing a converter
would end up in the same big files, so I am interested in adding new
keywords to POV. OK, perhaps it is more difficult then I think it is, so any
comments are welcome.

bye
Stefan